What is a Hotel Booking Solution? (and how it works)
– The Hotel Booking Solution is a solution that is implemented by hotels to allow guests to create secure online reservations. Or simply, it schedules the dates and the length of stay for guests as well as takes their payment.
– It enables them to choose their rooms at the time of booking, and more advanced systems even allow customers to select extras such as wine, flowers, fruit or other niceties to be placed in their room at the time of arrival (or later).
– The hotel reservation system can be synced, not only with your current website, but also with Facebook. This allows guests to reserve rooms in a way that is convenient for them via social media.
In addition to allowing guests to book online directly, these reservation systems can also provide hotel operators with additional resources.
For example, a channel manager may be a part of the reservation system, giving hotel operators the chance to distribute their products and live availability simultaneously to their entire network of online agents.
– 24/7 bookings: The hotel booking solution works all the time. This gives freedom to potential visitors to book a room anytime they want. It also maximizes your sales because you are not limited to your working hours. In fact, studies show that a 24/7 online reservation system greatly increases the number of hotel bookings.
– Hassle-Free Management of Bookings: Hotel reservation systems will make your staff more efficient. They won’t be tied to a phone waiting for guest calls. What’s more, you will be able to take bookings around the clock, 7 days a week.
– Provide a better experience for customers: Using an online booking system lets you provide a seamless reservations experience throughout the customer journey – from exploring your tours to booking and purchasing to checking in
– Increase revenues thanks to upselling: Another major benefit of an online hotel reservation system is that it’s much easier to create, publish, promote and sell packages and add-ons online. You can combine them or let customers choose the package they want. This will further increase the revenue you generate while customers will be able to get exactly what they want.
– The number of vacancies will decrease: Prospective guests who reserve rooms online are much more likely to show up. And in the cases when someone doesn’t show up, your online booking system will automatically free the reserved room, making it available for booking. Appointment reminders are also a great way to ensure that your clients will turn up.
– Gain valuable business insights: Online booking systems can capture important information about your business, and make it easy for you to generate reports. The best booking systems provide easy access to essential reports, plus the ability to set-up customized reports and display data the way you want.